- Older pets are mellower – you don’t have to worry about your lamp getting knocked over!
- Physically challenged pets are often unaffected by their handicap – but you still look like a hero!
- With “bad reputation” breeds, you get the chance to prove people wrong with your great dog!
- Dark-furred pets make it easy to accessorize – black goes with everything!
- Pets with behavioral issues allow you to form a tight bond as you overcome obstacles together!
- Big dogs are easier to find when it’s time to go to the vet!
Join Petfinder.com, animal shelters and rescues and concerned bloggers all across the country and the world and help promote a “less adoptable” pet from your area. Highlight a “less adoptable pet” on your Facebook page, other social networking sites, your blog or website, or simply by urging friends and family to give these animals a second chance when looking to adopt. Petfinder has made it easy for you — you can browse a gallery of shelter-nominated less-adoptable pets or use Petfinder’s search tool. You might also ask adoption groups near you which pets in their care are especially in need of homes at the moment.
Be a voice for shelter pets. Be a really loud voice for less adoptable shelter pets!